Umbrella Company UK* is registered to store information supplied by its visitors under the Data Protection Act. Telephone calls may be recorded for monitoring and training purposes.
Umbrella Company UK will not pass your information on to third parties without your prior consent. If you have opted to provide us with personal information we may use this information to contact you to provide you with details about our services or any other relevant information which we believe may be of interest to you.
If we enter into a joint venture with, or merge with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners. We will understand that by providing your personal information to us that you consent to its use for the above purposes. You are entitled to know whether we hold information about you and if we do; you are entitled to have access to that information.
You can do this by contacting us through our webmaster at email@example.com. Your information will be held for as long as is legally required or is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. You can request Umbrella Company UK cease using your information by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies represent small amounts of information that may be stored on your computer while you are visiting our Website. Cookies make it easier for you to log upon return to our Website and allow us to monitor Website traffic and personalise content for you to enhance the user experience.
You are able to set your computer up to reject cookies should you choose to, however this may result in a lack of access to features of our Website. This site contains information that should be used for guidance only. You should neither act, nor refrain from action, on the basis of any such information.
We recommend that you take appropriate professional advice based on your own particular circumstances. Umbrella Company UK disclaims all responsibility (including in negligence) for all consequences of any person acting on, or refraining from acting in reliance on, information contained in this site.
Information About You and Your Visits to Our Site
Information About Us
www.umbrellacompanyuk.co.uk is a site operated by Umbrella Company UK* (“we”, “us”, “our”). We are registered in England and Wales as a private Limited Company. Our registered office is 1st Floor, Metropolitan House, Darkes Lane, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire EN5 1AG. Our company number is 12168728.
Accessing Our Site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time, for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Reliance on Information Posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue
- loss of business
- loss of profits or contracts
- loss of anticipated savings
- loss of data
- loss of goodwill
- wasted management or office time
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Online chat facilities
- Chat rooms
- Bulletin boards
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them. Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (‘Contributions’), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole. Contributions must:
- Be as accurate as possible (where they state facts)
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions)
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted. Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- Promote sexually explicit material
- Promote violence
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- Be likely to deceive any person
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Promote any illegal activity
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Uploading Material to Our Site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out above. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Suspension and Termination
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site
- Issue of a warning to you
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
- Further legal action against you
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this policy.
The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact us.
* UMBRELLCO UK LTD, trading as ‘Umbrella Company UK’ (Company Number: 12168728).